When working as a brand ambassador, promotional model, actor, spokesperson, etc it is very important to maintain a clean and tidy appearance. Clean hair and nails, appropriate makeup, crisp shirts and shorts or pants, clean shoes, etc. are all part of the job.
Maintenance is a MUST.
- If you color your hair, watch the roots! Get a touch-up or colored again when your natural hair color begins to grow out.
- Clean your nails. You don't need a manicure every week, but cleaning the dirt and filing nails can go a long way.
- Clean teeth. A little whitener can go a long way! Slap on a Crest white strip from time to time.
- Clean and Crisp shirt and shorts or pants. Make sure your clothing is clean and pressed or steamed if needed. Showing up with wrinkled clothing will not impress anyone!
- Ladies, wear the appropriate amount of make-up. Are you working an in-store demo? A fresh, natural face will be perfect. Or, are you working a beer promo for a bar? A little more glam may be appropriate. Think about your client and what you are selling when making up your face.
And the best part? Save the receipts for any of the above items you spend money on and use them as a tax write off! You will be glad you did.
***Want more Random Day Job? Follow me on Facebook and Twitter***