I’ve mentioned before that my husband and I recently moved to AZ from GA. Today, I finally got around to calling our insurance provider, USAA (btw…FANTASTIC company!!) Anyway, my phone call resulted in some major insurance savings!! Would you be happy with saving $478.71 annually?!
Basically, we saved $386.39 on our car insurance, $64 on our valuable personal property insurance, DOUBLED our renters insurance and still saved $28.35. For a total savings of $478.71 annually!! Not bad for a 20 minute phone call.
It got me thinking….who else is missing the savings on their insurance policies? Here are a few items to check on to possibly save some extra cash:
- Are all of your insurance policies (car, home, renters, landlord, valuable property, etc.) held by the same company?
- Do you have auto safety features? Including antilock brakes, automatic seatbelts or airbags? Or an alarm system or smoke detectors in your home?
- What is your deductible? Usually, you can assume a higher deductible and save on the annual rate.
- Is your car older? Make sure your coverage does not exceed the value of your car. No point in paying a higher rate than the worth of your car!
- Don’t be afraid to shop around for lower quotes. You can check out http://www.insweb.com/ to compare rates. Many companies will offer a lower rate, just to land you as a customer!