1. Compare Prices. Most companies will price match competitors to gain business.
2. Set a Budget and review it every month.
3. Buy a reusable water bottle and fill up at home.
4. Pack your lunch.
5. Subscribe coupons sites like: http://www.groupon.com/, http://www.coupons.com/ , http://www.retailmenot.com/, http://www.scoutmob.com/, http://www.couponcabin.com/ and http://www.livingsocial.com/.
6. Wash full loads in both the dishwasher and washing machine.
7. When not in use, turn off lights.
8. Shop with a list.
9. Make coffee at home.
10. Rent DVD’s and watch movies from home. If you like the theater, then go to the matinee.
11. Use the library.
12. Drop the gym membership. Instead, workout outside & buy workout DVD’s for your home.
13. Sign up for customer rewards cards at your favorite places to shop. Personally, I like the loyalty programs at CVS, World Market, Bed Bath & Beyond, Ulta, Sephora, Pet Supermaket and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
14. Refuse to pay ATM fees. Think ahead and withdrawal cash when it doesn’t cost you.
15. Pay off your credit card.
16. Ask for generic drugs at the pharmacy.
17. Never pay rental car insurance. Most likely, you are already covered by your car insurance.
18. Skip extended warranties.
19. Never pay checking fees. Another bank will be happy to serve you at no charge!
20. Have dinner at home – often!
21. Think Craigslist, Ebay, Amazon, Goodwill and even garage sales before purchasing a new item that might be just fine used.
22. Grow your own herbs.
23. Refuse to pay annual credit card fees.
24. Save off the top of your paycheck, not what’s left over.
25. Pack snacks. That way, when you get the munchies, you won’t have pay for one!