Monday, January 3, 2011

Tucson Talent Agent?

In the past, I have booked many Random Day Jobs through a Talent Agency.  Talent Agents are people who help book you on commercials, corporate videos, tradeshows, etc.  Most major (and even many small) towns have something of the sort.  Atlanta is very blessed with several reputable Talent Agencies (I've been represented by People Store for years, they are fantastic!).  So, I assumed Tucson would have at least one!

I started my Internet search today and could only come up with three, none of them with websites (my first red flag).  Regardless, I jotted down the addresses and went on my merry way to explore the possibilities. 

Turns out two of them were closed and empty with commercial "For Rent" signs out front.  The third was in a sketchy building where companies rent "offices" smaller than my college dorm room.  There was a sign that said..."If no one is here, please try again."  Of course, the door was closed with no one home.  I thought, if it's Monday at 11am and no one is in the office, I'm not sure this is the type of company I'm interested in pursuing anyway!!

Needless to say, my search for a Tucson "agent" came to a screeching halt today.  No Random Jobs will be found with those groups!!  Maybe it's the economy or maybe Tucson has a worse TV market than I was expecting.  Oh well, on to the next idea...


***Want a talent agent in your area?  Click here to find out how***
***Looking for casting websites?  Click here***

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Greer! I just found your blog (via FB) and so great! You are so inventive and initiating to pursue something. Sorry to hear things might be slow in Arizona, but I pray grace and patience as you get settled, once again. Maybe you could start your own talent agency out there?! You can do it! :) Let's catch up soon. Just wanted to say hi.
Love, Heather